If you want to know how to make award winning blondies, then look no further.
Ok, so they’re not actually award winning but they did win at Aria’s school baking competition and that totally counts.
So anyway, after a few messages asking how we made them, here’s the recipe.
You will need:
- 20cm square tin
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150g white chocolate
- 2 medium eggs
- 130g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (the cheaper the essence the more you’ll need, just sayin’)
- food colourings of your choice (we went for pink, blue and purple).
- 80g mini eggs – crushed
- sprinkles (these must be glazed).
Pre heat your oven to 180C if you have a fan (or gas mark 4) and bake in the centre of the oven.
The method is super easy. I mean no need for an electric mixer, even a handheld one, level of easy. If Aria can do it, you can.
- Melt the butter and 100g of the chocolate together. You can do this in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, two glass bowls, one inside the other so the bowl with the chocolate and butter isn’t touching the hot water. If you can, get one of those chocolate fondue melting pot things, it’ll be easier than the bowls in the pan method.
- Mix the sugar with the eggs and the vanilla essence.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mix to the sugar mix. Make sure you mix it well.
- Add the salt and sift in the flour bit by bit.
- Add some of the sprinkles and half the mini eggs to the batter. Stir briefly, don’t over do it here.
- Pour half the mix in to the pan and add drops of colour randomly. Repeat with the second half. Swirl the colours around with a cocktails stick or skewer to create the marble effect.
- Bake in the over for 25 mins. Cover the top with tin foil to stop the top getting too brown.
- While the blondies bake melt the other 50g of chocolate.
- Let the blondies cool a little before cutting. You want to cut them small, they are rich!
- While still warm, drizzle the melted chocolate over the blondies and sprinkle with the rest of the mini eggs and some sprinkles.
Et Voila… Serve and enjoy.